Monday, July 19, 2010

HOMEMADE SPAGGETTI SAUCE WITH MEATBALLS

I made the best tasting homemade spaggetti sauce with homemade meatballs the other night and I had to share my recipe.


The first thing I did was made some meatballs.
I used a big package of Hamburgh (about 2 or 3 pounds) depends on how many meatballs you want.
I mixed them together with a package of powdered Onion Soup mix.
Placed them in a big glass baking pan and baked them for about 30 minutes or until cooked. Rolling the balls a few times while cooking so they cook evenly and completely.
I fried up a handful of chopped onions to add to sauce.

While they were cooking I made the sauce in a crockpot.
3 (16 oz) cans of tomatoe sauce
1 (16oz)can of crushed tomatoes
1 (2 oz) can of tomatoe paste
Handful of fried up onions
2 Teaspoons Oregano
3/4 teaspoon of Onion Salt
3/4 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
6 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
Stir all ingredients together
Once meatballs are done, Use a big spoon to scoop them out and place them in a strainer sitting over a bowl to let grease drain off them, once done draining add them to your sauce.

Have crockpot on Low setting and let cook for about 5 hours, if you dont have 5 hours but crockpot on high for half that time. Taste your sauce and make whatever adjustments you wish to make to your own taste.
P.S. The sauce taste even better the next day, just take sauce and put back in crockpot, let simmer until hot.

1 comment: